24.11.10

Anhedonian Covenant

There is a necessity for knowledge

Which plunges us deeper into the maze,

And thus we walk astray

Plagued by hunger and of thirst

With just our tears and sweat to silence them.

Our bread is made from bitter soil

And rays of sun like acid burns our flesh,

Like poisoned arrows pierce our souls,

But still we progress further into madness.


The baseness of our selves,

Divided into incongruous hypostasis

Serves but little to affirm the iniquity

To which we submit each step we take,

Each world we set in flames

And hide among its ashes.


Lo! I block the streams that you created

So I may create TehĂ´m out of your existence.

What you require of me is more than I can bare

And though you spread your legs

And grin like a frivolous whore

I'm overwhelmed by perdition's breath

That sweeps through me like a storm.

I am thus whole when I am empty,

Holy when I'm cursed,

Caught in a maelstrom of illusion

From which I struggle to be free.

No comments: